DB-MAIN : a data-architecture tool
DB-MAIN is a data-modeling and data-architecture tool. It is designed to help developers and analysts in most data engineering processes, including :
- Design processes : requirement analysis, conceptual design, normalisation, schema integration, logical design, physical design, schema optimisation, code generation
- Transformations : schema transformation, model transformation, ETL
- Reverse engineering and program understanding : schema analysis (COBOL, CODASYL, IMS, IDMS, SQL, XML, ...), code analysis, data and data flow reverse engineering
- Maintenance, evolution and integration : database migration, database evolution, impact analysis, database integration and federation, data wrapper design and generation
- And many other domains like temporal and active databases, datawarehouse, XML engineering, ...
DB-MAIN also includes meta-modeling components that allow its users to develop new functions and extend its repository.