DB-MAIN is ready to download (without object and functionality limit).
It is implemented in C++ with the widget toolkit wxWidgets.
It runs on Windows (95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10), Linux and Mac.
The latest Windows version is the stable version 10.0.3.
The latest Linux version is the stable version 10.0.3.
The latest Mac OSX version is the stable version 9.2.0.
DB-MAIN contains all the functionalities of a data-modeling tool (see below).
It has no restriction on project size.
It contains SQL and ODBC extractors, and generators for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Access, Firebird and SQL92.
With the JIDBM library, the user can develop JAVA plug-ins accessing to the repository and functions of DB-MAIN. See the JIDBM reference manual (JIDBM-reference-manual) for more information.
DB-MAIN has also two interesting JAVA plug-ins :
- A DocBook generator ("plugins\docbook" directory) to produce under a XML format (specific to technical documentations) the content of the DB-MAIN repository. Free tools can transform the DocBook files into HTML, Help HTML, PDF, ... files.
- A mapping assistant ("plugins\mapping" directory) manages the mappings between objects of different schemas.
- A JDBC extractor ("plugins\jdbc" directory) extracts relational database structures through a JDBC driver.
- A SQL/92 generator ("plugins\sql" directory) generates a SQL creation database structure script following the SQL/92 standard. The programmer can easily modify the source code to satisfy its own requirements.
- A statistic generator ("plugins\statistic" directory) gives statistics about current schema (number of entites, attributes, ...). The programmer can easily modify the source code to satisfy its own requirements.
DB-MAIN has a use license valid for one year including tool maintenance. Any new release or new version can be downloaded during that period.
After the filling of the download form, the user will automatically receive by mail a license number to be introduced at the first start of DB-MAIN. This number gives a right of use for one year. When the expiry date is reached, you must either download the latest version of DB-MAIN or renew the license number. DB-MAIN warns the users 30 days before expiry of the license.
The basic functionalities of DB-MAIN are :
- Specification management
No restriction on maximum size of projects that can be saved
Extended project history view
Extended ER schemas, UML class diagrams, UML activity diagrams, UML use case diagrams
A range of graphical and textual schema displays
Definition of views to show sub-schemas
Full edition of schemas
Log of schema transformations
Schema analysis assistant, schema transformation assistant (advanced), schema integration assistant, text analysis assistant and referential key search assistant
Automatic transformation to relational model
- Methodological environment
Methodological engine (use of methodologies)
- Development environment
Use of Java or Voyager (proprietary 4GL) programs
Meta-properties to extend definition of schema components
User tools palettes
- Code generation
Standard SQL (SQL92) generation, Access generation, Firebird generation, MySQL generation, PostgreSQL generation
- Code extraction
SQL and ODBC extraction
- Other plugins (Java)