- Company profile
- Our solutions
- Our products
- Some references
- Success Stories
- Our partners
- Contact us
- Test sets@anonymization
- White papers
The challenges of Data migration
- I have 2 databases to merge. Which are the alternatives, and how to solve the merging riskless, quickly and with the appropriate cost?
- How to compare the business compatibility of the database that have to be merged?
- How to evaluate the differences between the databases that have to be merged?
- How to make sure that the data migration was exhaustive?
- How to make sure that the migrated data kept their coherence ( e.g.that a customer kept all his orders)?
The REVER methodology and tools will allow you to :
- Compare the concepts and definition of the two semantics schemas ( semantic/business level)
- Compare the databases structures implementation of the logical schemas ( logical level )
- Compare the data value of the two databases ( physical level )
- Check data quality of both databases
- Define "mapping rules", to map the two databases together
- Generate automatically programs to move, transform and load the data
- Generate automatically programs to validate the exhaustivity and consistancy of the migrated data
- Identify the programs presenting higher risks and must be tested in detail.